Budding young falconers can join us at Gauntlet for this two day experience! For children ages 9 - 15
Over the course of the two days participants will:
- Learn basic falconry skills and handle some of Gauntlets residents.
- Learn about the natural diet of the birds, how they hunt in the wild, how we prepare their food, and even have the chance to feed some of the birds!
- Gain experience flying owls, a vulture, and hawk amongst others.
- Learn about the conservation work carried out by Gauntlet and Gauntlet Conservation Trust.
- Meet other enthusiastic young falconers!
- Help behind the scenes at Gauntlet
Places are limited. Participants can be dropped at Gauntlet from 9:50 and can be collected at 3:45. One adult can enter Gauntlet for free to look around during the day if they wish, additional adults/siblings wishing to enter Gauntlet must pay admission fee. Photography will be taken throughout the day for Gauntlet social media and also as a memento of the participants’ day. If you do not wish your childs picture to be taken please state on the response form given when your child is dropped off. Lunch is provided.
The course is run by DBS checked members of Gauntlets staff who will be with the children at all times.